They have solid construction yet sport the neatest lines which create a ton of character. When these babies are painted with just the right technique, they’re show stoppers!
I refinished my first Empire Dresser in a Annie Sloan’s Graphite (see the post on that piece here). I painted it in such a way that it resembled that of an old worn leather boot. It’s my own little technique and apparently I’m not the only one who liked it because it sold right away:). If I were to paint this again, I would choose these products instead for a more superior finish.
I was lucky enough to land another one recently so I jumped at the chance to transform it. This time I chose Annie Sloan’s Old White and French Linen Chalk Paint and sealed it with clear wax.
I struggle with clutter so I’m constantly looking for solutions to eliminate it. As an entryway piece, this offers a great place for your keys, receipts, pens… and the larger drawers solve the piling of scarves, gloves and backpacks.
The drawers are dovetail joint construction, have the original keyholes and have been lined with nice fabric. I switched out two of the knobs and painted all of them in a brushed nickel.
This piece would serve as the neatest bathroom vanity. Just imagine it all decked out with one of those vessel sinks and a cool faucet. I had a hard time parting with this piece for that reason, our bathrooms are so outdated. Some day….
So… what’cha think:?
Leave a comment below to let me know how you would use it.
Update: Many many changes have occurred since I first wrote the post on this dresser. We stopped using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint years ago in lieu of much more superior paint products which don’t have all the toxins and are also much easier to use. The new paint products we choose to create our high end finishes are not only better made, the amazing all natural formula absolutely rocks! It glides on effortlessly and the wax, both clear and dar are an absolute dream. No wonder it’s the Nation’s #1 seller!! We can finish a piece of furniture in not time and the quality is amazing!! No more pulling my hair out with tacky wax, no more VOC’s. Work just got a whole lot easier around Shizzle Design. To find out what we’re using now, click: here.
Did you see our new brushes?
NEW!!! Vintiquities Paint & Wax Brushes!
Stop into today and grab one at Shizzle Design 2018 Chicago Dr., Jenison, MI 49428. They can also be ordered online here.
Retailers: for the opportunity to carry these brushes in your own shop, contact me here with your name, type of business and location.
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- Need Paint? We ship paint supplies and brushes worldwide. Order now on our Online Shizzle Shop.
- Get our weekly blog posts by email. It’s FREE, so what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop tips, tutorials, pictures, videos..
- Like our Shizzle Facebook Page for DAILY tips, ideas & specials. See what we’re working on every day. In order to get posts, be sure to click the down arrow to the right of the LIKED button, then click “get notifications” at ShizzleLLC
- Pin our posts on Pinterest ~ you’ll find all sorts of inspiration here.
- We sell our painted furniture in our Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 AND Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- Shizzle Design is an Authorized Retailer for American Paint Company Paints and Distributor for Vintiquities Brushes. We only offer products we use ourselves and stock a large inventory of chalk and clay paint and brushes at our Shizzle Design Paint Shop /Studio, 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 and two other shops in the Grand Rapid’s area, click LOCATIONS for directions.
- Shizzle Design is a small business owned by my sister and I. We work, paint, ship and teach our chalk and clay paint classes out of the same workshop where we create all our designs. Cathy and I empower DIY’ers by sharing our years of experience. Stop into our Jenison Paint Store for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- We appreciate your business! It typically takes me 10 hours to publish one of my blog posts. I am not paid by any paint company to write my blog, Facebook page, Pinterest Page… I put in this time to not only spread the word, but to hopefully generate business from people who enjoy and learn from what we share. Everything from doing the projects, shooting the photographs, writing the content, editing pictures, cropping… is just me sharing my passion. I put in approximately five hours a day in online customer support alone. The only way we make money is if someone purchases paint, comes to a workshop or buys a piece of painted furniture from Shizzle Design. If you enjoy what we do, please tell your friends, share our website, Like & Follow our Facebook Page, leave comments and share our posts.
- We teach people from all over the Nation. I have a passion for painting and teaching. Join us for one of our super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshops. Learn in our casual & relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
For more Chalk & Clay Painted Furniture ideas, tips, tutorials & inspiration, click: