04 Jan Vintage West Michigan Subway Art
I finally created my first Subway Art. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time and I can truly say, I’ll be doing plenty more in the near future. I took a door off our old entertainment center. Seriously, I did! My daughter wasn’t too happy when she went to watch Harry Potter the other day; she likes everything dark for the movie – should have seen her face!
I gave it a good coat of Annie Sloan’s Graphite Chalk Paint, designed a custom vinyl stencil using a bunch of my favorite places in West Michigan and did a reverse weed on it. Once everything was weeded, I painted over it with my white paint.
I let partially dry then removed all the bits and pieces of my stencil.
I got a work out distressing it, but it turned out just as I was hoping. Sealed everything with Annie Sloan’s wax and viola!
It sold before I got it to the store, but I am taking orders and would love to create a custom sign for you!
Yes, we do custom orders! Contact us if you would like a sign made or have a piece of furniture you would like painted. Check out our other items for sale here and to be informed of what’s new: subscribe, follow, or “like” us:)
*Let me know if there is something you’re looking for that you haven’t seen. We have a lot of projects in the works as well as some fabulous pieces patiently waiting their turn. Contact us if you have a piece of furniture you would like painted!
Follow us by:
- Pinterest – click here to follow me on Pinterest
- Email – Click on the little blue envelop in this link to get updates by email
- Facebook – “Like” our Shizzle Facebook page to follow us on Facebook
- Linky Followers – Follow by a reader in Linky followers here
- Bookmark – a little bit o’ Shizzle
- Furniture for Sale – See here
- If you have furniture you’d like me to paint – contact by email or comment below
- West Michigan Shop Local – Most of my furniture is located in my Shizzle Design booth at Not So Shabby Antiques & Fine Furniture; 114 E. Main, Zeeland, MI click here for directions
*Let us know if there is something you’re looking for that you haven’t seen. We have a lot of projects in the works as well as some fabulous pieces patiently waiting their turn. Contact us if you have a piece of furniture you would like painted!
Linking up to these awesome parties!
Wow Us Wednesdays – Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesdays – Primitive & Proper
a hui hou ~ shelly