22 Sep Paint & Stencil Glass Doors
I’m super busy this week but I wanted to share the cute little end table I just finished.
Did you know you can paint directly over glass using chalk & clay paints?
I snapped a shot to show you what the raw paint color looked like before I waxed it (left) and how color immediately darkened when the paint absorbed the CLEAR wax (right). That change in depth is a great guide to measure which areas have absorbed enough wax and which areas still need more thorough coverage. Some colors look really dark when the wax is is applied, but don’t panic, it will lighten again as the wax dries.
I still get a kick out of watching the colors evolve. What can I say ~ doesn’t take much. Once the wax is dry, a quick buffing is all it takes to yield a beautiful finish. I like to gently buff my pieces shortly after I’ve waxed them, then four or five days later, I come back and buff it again creating an even harder finish.
You know me, I can never leave well enough alone ~ so for the top, I dry brushed it with various colors. It looks kind of neat in this picture, but it looked goofy in person so I changed it.
I brushed over it with custom mix to antique it a bit then distressed back just a touch. I also used that color to paint the damasks on the doors, the GLASS doors :D.
We dropped her off to our space at Not So Shabby last night and as luck would have it, I forgot the price tag. Oops! It’s still in the truck ~ that is so me! Price is listed here.
Please join me in prayer for my good friend Karin Chudy. She lost a dear grandfather this week and tonight they rushed her mom’s boyfriend to the hospital after collapsing. He’s been intubated and is not doing well. “Karin, we love you girl! Lifting your entire family up in prayer!!!”
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- Shizzle Design is a small family owned business in Jenison, Michigan. My sister Cathy and I work, paint, ship and teach our chalk and clay paint workshops out of the same space where we paint all our furniture. We are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints.
- Cathy and I empower DIY’ers by sharing our years of experience. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- Did you know we are not paid employees of American Paint Company? It typically takes me 10 hours to publish one of my blog posts. Everything from shooting the photographs, writing the content, editing, cropping… is given freely. The only way we make money is if someone purchases paint, workshops or painted furniture from us. If you enjoy the information you get in our website, please share and let us know.
- We are so blessed to have taught people from all over the United States and Canada. Join us for one of our super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshops. Learn in our casual & relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints.
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page. We share all sorts tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page).
- Pin our posts on Pinterest ~ Find all sorts of inspiration here.
- We sell our painted furniture in our Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 and at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- Shizzle Design is an Authorized Retailer for American Paint Company Paints. We offer a large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies at our Shizzle Design Paint Shop /Studio, 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428. We also stock several other shops in the greater Grand Rapid’s area, to find out where, click LOCATIONS. Not from Michigan? No worries, we ship paint and paint supplies worldwide through our Online Shizzle Shop.
For more Chalk & Clay Painted Furniture ideas, tips, tutorials & inspiration, click:
also linking up to these great parties!!
Domestically Speaking – The Power of Paint Party
Miss Mustardseed – Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk Interiors – Saturday Night Specia