26 Jan Hang it up! Things that hang things
I concentrate most of my time painting furniture for my booth at Not So Shabby, but I’m also always looking for smaller items to fill in the gaps. I have a million things on my “I wanna make this” list, it’s just finding the time to do them.
The themed link up Funky Junk Interiors this week is Hang it Up which reminded me of a few of my favorite creations which I don’t think I’ve ever shared on here before.
One of my favorites is to use a reclaimed piece of wood with various hooks and picture frames. I have a thing for photographs, so I’m always trying to come up with different ways to display them.
Here’s another one that I made out of the twin piece of reclaimed wood I had at the time.
One of my all time favorite “Hang it up” pieces was a Bling Thing that I made out of parts of old furniture. I like the architectural interest of this one, with function to boot!
Last year, I scored a large, solid wood door which came out of an old hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I loved the vintage Fire Escape that was on it, we just cleaned it up and added one of my favorite hooks to create a unique architectural piece.
Upholstered bulletin boards are another favorite of mine, especially with decorative thumb tacks. I made these using heavy duty upholstery tacks and old buttons. I love the colors in this Tommy Bahama fabric and the beaded trim is the icing on the cake. These are all my favorite colors in one piece of fabric.
I wish I had some pictures of the windows I’ve done. They always sell before I remember to take a picture – ugh! Next time!!
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- Shizzle Design is a small family owned business in Jenison, Michigan. My sister Cathy and I work, paint, ship and teach our chalk and clay paint workshops out of the same space where we paint all our furniture. We are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints.
- Cathy and I empower DIY’ers by sharing our years of experience. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- Did you know we are not paid employees of American Paint Company? It typically takes me 10 hours to publish one of my blog posts. Everything from shooting the photographs, writing the content, editing, cropping… is given freely. The only way we make money is if someone purchases paint, workshops or painted furniture from us. If you enjoy the information you get in our website, please share and let us know.
- We are so blessed to have taught people from all over the United States and Canada. Join us for one of our super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshops. Learn in our casual & relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints.
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page. We share all sorts tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page).
- Pin our posts on Pinterest ~ Find all sorts of inspiration here.
- We sell our painted furniture in our Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 and at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- Shizzle Design is an Authorized Retailer for American Paint Company Paints. We offer a large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies at our Shizzle Design Paint Shop /Studio, 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428. We also stock several other shops in the greater Grand Rapid’s area, to find out where, click LOCATIONS. Not from Michigan? No worries, we ship paint and paint supplies worldwide through our Online Shizzle Shop.
For more Chalk & Clay Painted Furniture ideas, tips, tutorials & inspiration, click:
I’m so excited that this transformation was Featured at:
also linking up to these great parties!!