I thought Valentines Day was a great day to share the king size bed I painted in CeCe Caldwell’s Traverse City Cherry.
I decided to paint this in my living room so I’d have lots of room to spread out all the pieces. LOVE working in here, so much nicer than my TINY workshop, this king size headboard never would have fit!
I could totally get used to using this space ~ wonder what my husband would think of that? hmm…
I gave it a quick base coat of CeCe Caldwell’s Virginia Chestnut but you can also use American Paint Company’s Wild Horses for this deep base. I wanted a deep espresso to show through when I did the wet distressing.
Virginia Chestnut has a funky color to it when it’s dry like it is in this picture, but when you wax it ~ it is fabulous!! Traverse City Cherry freaks people too out when they use it the first time because it has a definite pink cast to it when it dries. For a more warm, rich red, I recommend American Paint Company’s Firework’s Red. If it would have been available when I did this set, I definitely would have chosen that over the Traverse City Cherry.
Here she is after the wax.
It’s rich and scrumptious!
See how pretty the brown and red look now? Happy Valentines Day!!!
Now that you know how easy it is, go try it and have a blast making over your first piece!!
Did you know that…
- We’ve opened up a Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan 49428? This is where Cathy and I paint our furniture but we want our customers to know that we’re here for you. We encourage everyone to stop in any time to buy paint or to get your questions answered.
- We’ve taught people from all over the United States and Canada how to paint furniture Shizzle Style using chalk and clay paints? Join us for a fun and relaxing workshop. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- You can Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints?
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ so what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page? We share all sorts of additional tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page?).
- We have numerous Pinterest Boards? Stop in and check out our extensive portfolio ~ Pin us on Pinterest
- We sell our painted furniture at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan 49424?
- We are Authorized Retailers for American Paint Company’s Chalk/Clay/Mineral Paints in several places West Michigan locations and sell both domestically and international online? Click LOCATIONS or ONLINE SHIZZLE SHOP.