Michigan State University is BIG on being GREEN!
Table painted by one of our students at our last workshop
Their hopes are once you “Go Green”, you’ll “Stay Green” They have an amazing facility on campus called the MSU Surplus Store. They’re rethinking every aspect possible to reduce the amount of trash that ends up in our landfills.
Reduce ~ Recycle ~ Re-use
Their theory is “once you go green, you’ll stay green” ~ and it’s working. Last year, they diverted over 50% of the 30 MILLION POUNDS of materials they received! Now that’s cool!
They researched new ways to make our world more environmentally friendly and discovered, that unlike most other paints on the market, our paints are 100% ALL natural including not only chalk but clay which yields the most amazing finish!
I can paint right in my house. How cool is that? Did you know that CeCe Caldwell’s Paints & American Paint Company Paints are also Latex Free an Acrylic Free? That’s huge for people who suffer from allergies!
Michigan State University (MSU) chose Shizzle Design to teach a furniture painting workshop on campus in Lansing, Michigan.
We’re were very honored to be chosen for as the instructors to teach this Special Furniture Painting Workshop
MSU on Saturday, April 6 Reserve your space for this class HERE Sold Out
Painted by one of our students at our last workshop
Ready to join us for a Furniture Paint Workshop? We’re adding many more fun workshops from beginners to advanced techniques to our 2014 Schedule, Check back for new classes here.
Yes, this time of year ~ we roll out the drop cloths and paint right in the house.
We can because we use 100% All Natural Chalk and Clay Paint and Wax. Bring a small piece of furniture and you’ll leave with a masterpiece.
Painted by students at our last workshop
We’ll teach you how to layer paint colors
Two color wet distressing
We share lots of tips and our own personal techniques
We also will be teaching at a Fundraising Paint Workshop in California in May ~ Stay tuned for details and see our complete schedule of paint workshops here.
Did you know that…
- We’ve opened up a Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan 49428? This is where Cathy and I paint our furniture but we want our customers to know that we’re here for you. We encourage everyone to stop in any time to buy paint or to get your questions answered.
- We’ve taught people from all over the United States and Canada how to paint furniture Shizzle Style using chalk and clay paints? Join us for a fun and relaxing workshop. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- You can Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints?
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ so what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page? We share all sorts of additional tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page?).
- We have numerous Pinterest Boards? Stop in and check out our extensive portfolio ~ Pin us on Pinterest
- We sell our painted furniture at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan 49424?
- We are Authorized Retailers for American Paint Company’s Chalk/Clay/Mineral Paints in several places West Michigan locations and sell both domestically and international online? Click LOCATIONS or ONLINE SHIZZLE SHOP.