I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not a “blue” person, but when I picked up this antique highboy a while back, I kept imagining it in shades of turquoise blues and greens.
The original finish on the piece was an antique white which looked pretty in and of itself until you got a closer look. It definitely needed a little sprucing up. I started out by painting a quick layer of gray.
Her personality was bursting at the seams so I decided to give her an cute little outfit to match. I grabbed all my leftover cans of paint and started slapping them on with no real rhyme or reason.
Cuz that’s how I roll!
I just kept working in the colors as I went along; the next few shots are showing the raw paint before I waxed it.
The color looks pale before it’s waxed but I knew the wax would kick it up a notch.
Here comes the wax!
This piece sold right away and I was fortunate enough to meet the gal when she came in to pick it up.
This piece sold immediately and I was fortunate enough to meet the gal when she came in to pick it up. She’s building a new hair salon on Lake Macatawa and this will serve as her new coffee station! How COOL is that?
She had a piece of glass cut for the top where she’ll have her coffee pot… and the coffee, tea, sugar, cups… will be stored underneath in the drawers.
I’m tickled pink over the whole idea of it!
I often don’t get to meet the people who buy my furniture at the store since I’m home painting, so this was pretty cool.
Did you know that…
- We’ve opened up a Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan 49428? This is where Cathy and I paint our furniture but we want our customers to know that we’re here for you. We encourage everyone to stop in any time to buy paint or to get your questions answered.
- We’ve taught people from all over the United States and Canada how to paint furniture Shizzle Style using chalk and clay paints? Join us for a fun and relaxing workshop. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- You can Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints?
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ so what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page? We share all sorts of additional tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page?).
- We have numerous Pinterest Boards? Stop in and check out our extensive portfolio ~ Pin us on Pinterest
- We sell our painted furniture at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan 49424?
- We are Authorized Retailers for American Paint Company’s Chalk/Clay/Mineral Paints in several places West Michigan locations and sell both domestically and international online? Click LOCATIONS or ONLINE SHIZZLE SHOP.