26 Jan French Provincial Buffet Hand Painted with an Old World Patina
This petite French buffet was painted for our Shizzle Design office but we sold a couple large pieces at Not So Shabby and had to fill the void. So much for decorating our own place; everything else takes priority.
I started out as I always do by giving her a good cleaning.
I gave her a base coat of American Paint Company’s Wild Horses, my go to color for base coating. The color looks off in this picture but it’s a deep rich brown which looks fabulous alone or layered with any other color.
Don’t let the delicate shape and petite size fool you ~ this thing is heavy!
It was in tip top condition with the exception of some messed up spots on the top. No worries ~ a little added texture took care of that. I dumped Home Plate, Rushmore and Smoke Signal in a paint tray (aka, leftover container :D) and slapped the colors on any which way. I use the same brush while I do this and dip into whichever color(s) I need as I go along.
To build even more dimension, I went over everything with a wash of Desert Cactus to pull in the extra warmth it needed to coordinate with the wall color in our office. I sealed it with clear wax, working in sections so I could pounce American Grit into the finish while the wax was still wet.
American Grit is so much fun to play with and adds so much more to textured finishes!
I love how the grit settles into all that texture!
I have to apologize for the quality of my pictures lately. It’s been such a horribly cold winter that most of my pictures have been taken indoors under fluorescent lighting and I don’t know how to correct it. If anyone is willing to share ideas on how to correct this when I shoot indoors, that would be awesome!
We’re clearing out all remaining CeCe Caldwell’s Paints Inventory at rock bottom prices both online at our Shizzle Shop and locally in our Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan.
We pulled everything else from our other shops this past week to make room for our growing inventory of American Paint Company Paints.
Did you know that…
- We’ve opened up a Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan 49428? This is where Cathy and I paint our furniture but we want our customers to know that we’re here for you. We encourage everyone to stop in any time to buy paint or to get your questions answered.
- We’ve taught people from all over the United States and Canada how to paint furniture Shizzle Style using chalk and clay paints? Join us for a fun and relaxing workshop. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- You can Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints?
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ so what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page? We share all sorts of additional tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page?).
- We have numerous Pinterest Boards? Stop in and check out our extensive portfolio ~ Pin us on Pinterest
- We sell our painted furniture at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan 49424?
- Shizzle Design is an American Paint Company’s Chalk/Clay/Mineral Paints in West Michigan locations and sell both domestically and international online? Click LOCATIONS or Online Shizzle Shop.