This past fall, we lost our grandmother and inherited several pieces of furniture. Cathy, aloong with my aunt and uncle spent a grueling afternoon in a horrible snow storm moving everything out of her place then hauled it all across town in an open bed trailer to our new Shizzle Shop.
When I first saw the bedroom set, I thought “What the heck are we supposed to do with that?” Sometimes even I second guess being able to transform a piece of furniture. I should know better by now! Cathy was too swift for me to catch a “before” picture with the enormous hardware but just removing that alone, made a huge difference.
I’m guessing this set is from the 70’s by the straight lines and retro just stumps me every time. Don’t get me wrong, the pieces were in top notch shape and very solid, I just couldn’t see past the faux white and gold finish and the straight lines.
No worries ~ Cathy had a plan. We had just received our first shipment of the Ellis Collection, a limited edition of 12 fabulous new colors from American Paint Company. They’re so awesome! If you missed all of them, you can check them out here. They’re sold in pints and they are absolutely fabulous!
One of my absolute favorites, and I know I’m not alone on this one (we can barely keep it in stock) is Peacock. This blue is so rich and thick and perfectly pigmented that the possibilities are endless. I’m not kidding. We’ve created so many different looks with it and I’ve seen plenty more pieces painted by others and everything I’ve seen is spectacular!
In a matter of minutes, Cathy had given that old dresser an entirely new look. Isn’t the color fabulous??? She must not have been finished because before I could blink, she had painted on a stencil and transformed it even more with brand new hardware. I couldn’t get over the transformation!
This piece has made it’s way to our booth within Not So Shabby in Holland, Michigan. There is also a long dresser and headboard if anyone is interested in the entire set. Those haven’t been painted yet but Cath said she’d be happy to paint them to match.
Check out other gorgeous colors from the Ellis Collection here and if you’d like to see them in person, stop by our Shizzle Design Paint Studio in Jenison, MI or one of the other locations where we retail American Paint Company Paints. You’ll also be able to check out the entire American Paint Company line on March 14-16 at this year’s Women’s Expo in downtown Grand Rapids.
We are very humbled to announce that we were asked to be one of this year’s key presenters during the show. Save the date then join Shizzle Design and several other amazing artists who’ll be helping out during the show. Stay tuned for all the exciting details!!
See you soon!!
Did you know that…
- We’ve opened up a Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan 49428? This is where Cathy and I paint our furniture but we want our customers to know that we’re here for you. We encourage everyone to stop in any time to buy paint or to get your questions answered.
- We’ve taught people from all over the United States and Canada how to paint furniture Shizzle Style using chalk and clay paints? Join us for one of our super fun workshops. Learn hands-on in a relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- You can Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints?
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ so what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page? We share all sorts of additional tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page?).
- We have numerous Pinterest Boards? Stop in and check out our extensive portfolio ~ Pin us on Pinterest
- We sell our painted furniture at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan?
- Shizzle Design is an American Paint Company’s Chalk/Clay/Mineral Paints in Jenison, Calidonia, Hudsonville & Holland, MIchigan and sell both domestically and international online? Click LOCATIONS or Online Shizzle Shop.
Click here to see Shizzle Design Painted Furniture Makeovers
Click here to see our Shizzle Tips, How To Tutorials & Video’s
Click here to see Funky Finishes
Linking up to these GREAT Parties!
Domestically Speaking – The Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage – Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustardseed – Furniture Feature Friday
Redoux – Friday Link Up Party
Homespun Happenings – Rustic Restorations Weekend
Funky Junk Interiors – Saturday Night Special
Silver Pennies – Silver Pennies Sundays
Knick of Time Interiors – Knick of Time Tuesday
a hui hou ~ Shelly