When the Ellis Collection from American Paint Company arrived, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them. Peacock, Limoges, Sackcloth, Crushed Tea, Cannonball and Cameo just to name a few are flying off the shelves every day but there is one color that might be overlooked and it’s one of our favorites.
That is what you see when you look at the PINT size jar.
The Ellis Collection is currently sold in Pints, not sample sizes ~ pints.
Waistcoat is rich and luxurious and perfectly pigmented!
It’ is fabulous by itself but might be somewhat intimidating the first time you use it because it appears so deep in the jar then relatively light & bright when the raw paint color dries.
Sorry about the blurry picture, it’s the only one I shot before I started waxing it. Though the picture is blurry, I wanted to show you how light the color looks before you wax it. My uncle was like “huh?” but this piece turned out to be one of his absolute favorites after it was waxed.
Waistcoat is absolutely gorgeous when sealed with either American Paint Company’s Clear Wax or Dark Wax.
For this dresser, I created a wash by diluting the paint with water then spread on two ultra thin coats varying where I slapped the paint on so it would have some areas that were more heavily covered and others where the wood still showed through. I did this ‘cuz that’s how I roll.
The top was really messed up, or so it appeared. Come to find out, all the blemishes were within the existing clear coat. A simple stripping and refinish was all it too to restore it to it’s original glory! To learn how I strip my furniture, visit my post here.
I prefer to put my own personality into my pieces instead of copying what everyone else does. How boring would it be if we all did the same thing? Here’s a sneak peek of what Cathy created on her last Waistcoat piece (post on this piece to follow… Stay Tuned!!)
See what I mean when I say you can create so many different looks with with this color? Cath is still working on her piece in this picture but the green has been sealed with Clear Wax. Beautiful color but with an entirely different look than the piece I just did. How cool is that? I know, doesn’t take much to humor me.
Do you remember which color was the dominant color under the antique buffet I just refinished in Peacock??? If not, go back and take a look here.
It’s like the new black ~ works with just about anything!
Wait until you see the glazes you can create with Waistcoat!!
All I can say is I must not be the only one who’s fallen for Waistcoat. This dresser wasn’t on the floor for 30 minutes before it sold. Sad to see it go but happy to see it so appreciated by the recipient!
Did you know that…
- We’ve opened up a Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, Michigan 49428? This is where Cathy and I paint our furniture but we want our customers to know that we’re here for you. We encourage everyone to stop in any time to buy paint or to get your questions answered.
- We’ve taught people from all over the United States and Canada how to paint furniture Shizzle Style using chalk and clay paints? Join us for one of our super fun workshops. Learn hands-on in a relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- You can Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints.
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page. We share all sorts of additional tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page).
- We have numerous Pinterest Boards Stop in and check out our extensive portfolio ~ Pin us on Pinterest
- We sell our painted furniture at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- We sell American Paint Company Paints & Supplies our of our Shizzle Design Paint Studio (headquarters) 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 as sell as several other locations in the greater Grand Rapid’s area. Click LOCATIONS to find out where we’re located. We also ship the paint domestically and internationally through our Online Shizzle Shop.
Click here to see Shizzle Design Painted Furniture Makeovers
Click here to see our Shizzle Tips, How To Tutorials & Video’s
Click here to see Funky Finishes
Linking up to these GREAT Parties!
Domestically Speaking – The Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage – Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustardseed – Furniture Feature Friday
Redoux – Friday Link Up Party
Homespun Happenings – Rustic Restorations Weekend
Funky Junk Interiors – Saturday Night Special
Silver Pennies – Silver Pennies Sundays
Knick of Time Interiors – Knick of Time Tuesday
a hui hou ~ Shelly