My sister Cathy and I continue to be blessed in so many ways through our work here at Shizzle Design. The best part of what we do are the friends we meet and the fun we have along the way.
We want everyone to feel at home while they’re here while giving them the confidence and knowledge they’ll need to create beautiful finishes on just about anything once they get back home.
The awesome people we’ve met at our last few workshops and the fabulous pieces they created are no exception. We had a blast, as we always do, and were blown away watching the “before’s” transform into one-of-a-kind pieces of art. Enjoy as you scroll through these awesome Shizzle Style makeovers! Sit back. Relax. This post is LOADED with tons of inspirational pictures from our last workshops.
Nightstand painted in Freedom Road & Navajo White
Drawer with Beach Glass & Home Turf
Beach Glass over Freedom Road
base coat of Freedom Road
Home Plate over Wild Horses
Desert Cactus over Wild Horses, Heavily Distressed
Nightstand getting a base of Freedom Road
Base Coat of Fireworks Red
Beach Glass ~ Home Plate
Desert Cactus Wash over Wild Horses
Thin coat of Fireworks Red over Wild Horses
Smoke Signal over Freedom Road
Vintage Table in Rushmore, Tea Cup & Clear Wax
Small Bombay plant stand painted in Beach Glass over Freedom Road sealed with Dark Wax
Large ornate vintage mirror painted in Surfboard, Peacock, Home Plate & Clear & Dark Wax
Table is getting a base of Home Turf
Sewing Table in Navajo White & Beach Glass
End Table in Beach Glass & Orange Grove
paint is drying in this picture and it has not yet been distressed or waxed
Table painted in Rushmore & Tea Cup
Busy Little Bees during Furniture Workshop
Oak File Cabinet in Lincoln’s Hat & Firework’s Red
Surfboard, Peacock, Home Plate, Clear & Dark Wax
Navajo White over Freedom Road
Navajo White over Beach Glass
This looks more like Dollar Bill than Beach Glass, but I think she actually used Beach Glass on this table.
Navajo White & Rushmore
Base Coat of Freedom Road
Chair is getting a base of Surfboard
Home Turf & Beach Glass
Applying a Base Layer of Home Turf
Table in Firework’s Red and Beach Glass
Peacock, Home Turf, Shoreline, Bordello & Momma’s Lipstick
Firework’s Red and Beach Glass
Chandelier in Peacock, Home Turf, Shoreline, Momma’s Lipstick & Bordello
I’ll share a tutorial on how this chandelier was transformed into a solar piece you can use anywhere in the yard ~ stay tuned for all the details!
Ready to have some fun?
It’s not too late!
Join Shelly & Cathy on…
June 5 Girl’s Night Out Paint Party
Play around with all our products including metallic mica’s glazes… on a small table top project you bring in from home (Jewelry Box, Frame, Candle Sticks, Hardware, Lamp…)
Did you know…
- Shizzle Design is a small family owned business in Jenison, Michigan. My sister Cathy and I work, paint, ship and teach our chalk and clay paint workshops out of the same space where we paint all our furniture. We are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints.
- Cathy and I empower DIY’ers by sharing our years of experience. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- Did you know we are not paid employees of American Paint Company? It typically takes me 10 hours to publish one of my blog posts. Everything from shooting the photographs, writing the content, editing, cropping… is given freely. The only way we make money is if someone purchases paint, workshops or painted furniture from us. If you enjoy the information you get in our website, please share and let us know.
- We are so blessed to have taught people from all over the United States and Canada. Join us for one of our super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshops. Learn in our casual & relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints.
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page. We share all sorts tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page).
- Pin our posts on Pinterest ~ Find all sorts of inspiration here.
- We sell our painted furniture in our Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 and at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- Shizzle Design is an Authorized Retailer for American Paint Company Paints. We offer a large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies at our Shizzle Design Paint Shop /Studio, 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428. We also stock several other shops in the greater Grand Rapid’s area, to find out where, click LOCATIONS. Not from Michigan? No worries, we ship paint and paint supplies worldwide through our Online Shizzle Shop.