08 Jan Pretty Pink French Provincial Highboy with video
I only caught a few shots of this little princess before she left the building.
She was already a beauty when I purchased her. The finish had really yellowed over time and she needed a little boost.
I base coated the entire piece in American Paint Company’s Freedom Road then painted everything, except the top with Cameo, a limited edition color which has just been retired. Cameo is a very subtle, pale pink. I have to admit, I’m not a pastel person, but my friend kept hounding me to do this piece in that color so I finally gave in and painted the dang thing in pink just to shut her up ~ lol.
It actually is a very, pretty pink. It’s so subtle, that most people who strolled in while I was working on it, assumed it was a vintage white.
We may still have a few pints left of Cameo. If you’re interested; click here.
It was hot the day I painted this and the paint was drying faster than I could spread it on. I should have watered it down more than I did but I was too busy talking. Well if you know me; brush strokes drive me bonkers so when it came time to distress, I decided to use my sander. I use that brush as a little feather duster when I’m sanding. I usually wet distress, but when I do sand, I like to brush the dust away so I can see how far I’ve distressed.
Distressing back to the base color
This is the best overall shot I could get before she sold
Here’s the close ups
One of my awesome customers asked me what I meant when I mentioned I used cross-hatched brush strokes on the top so I shot one of my quirky videos to show her.
It was so cool to hear from the gal who bought this. She picked it up from our booth at Not So Shabby and once she got home, she contacted me to see if I could paint a twin size bed to coordinate with it. She said there is no hurry since her little princess is only 4 months old 🙂
Looking forward to finding the perfect bed to match!
Thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to share, pin, like and comment below
A hui hou ~ Shelly
For more Chalk & Clay Painted Furniture ideas, tips, tutorials & inspiration, subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Did you know…
- It’s just the two of us: My sister and I own and operate Shizzle Design which originated in my garage. We have and will continue to work hard, God willing, to provide you with the best service we can because to be honest, it’s a fine line between feast or famine when you’re in our line of work.
- We specialize in painting furniture and are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- We are not paid employees of any paint company, we simply retail the paints? It typically takes me about 10 hours to publish one of my blog posts. Everything from shooting the photographs, writing the content, editing, cropping… is given freely. The only way we make money is if someone purchases paint, workshops or painted furniture from us.
- We are blessed to teach people from all over the U.S. Join us for a super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshop in a casual & fun atmosphere. For a list of current classes, click here.
- Subscribe to our weekly blog posts for tips, tutorials, ideas & painted furniture inspiration. Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- Like our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page Be sure to click the down arrow to “get notifications”. You’ll see a lot more posts if you leave comments and share our posts. We are at the mercy of Facebook. On average, FB only “serves” our posts to about 20 people out of 6,000 people who’ve liked our page. Sad but true. The more you comment and share our comments, the higher your chance of getting our posts. We share what we’re working on EVERY single DAY so you’ll usually find out about new classes, new products, new furniture, sales… if you follow us there.
- Visit our Pinterest Page for all sorts of inspiration here.
- Purchase our painted furniture at our Shizzle Design Paint Studio 2018 Chicago Dr., Jenison, MI 49428 or Not So Shabby at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan.
- Buy Paint Shop our large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies on our Online Shizzle Shop or at our West Michigan LOCATIONS.
I’m linking up to my favorite parties!!
Domestically Speaking – The Power of Paint Party
Miss Mustardseed – Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk Interiors – Saturday Night Special