I was six years old when the original version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory arrived at Studio 28 but I’ll never forget how awestruck I was when they opened the doors to the Chocolate Room. You know the room I’m talking about, that magical room where everything is edible, trees of taffy, shrubs that sprout lollipops, edible tea cups and that chocolate river where the chocolate is mixed by waterfall. Are you with me?
For the past week, I’ve felt like I was walking into that whimsical room, all over again. Truth be told, I’m not even a big fan of chocolate, so I’m guessing it’s the color that drives my senses into overdrive. Tell me I’m not the only one that has this happen 🙂
Shizzle Design is pleased to announce…
- Largest Assortment of Colors in the Industry: Old Town Paints offers two different lines of Chalk Style Finish Paints in 80 beautiful colors that will set your imagination on fire!
I forgot to shoot a picture of the Shabby Chic Color Chart, I’ll add it soon
(insert Shabby Chic Collection color chart here)
Not only are the colors beautiful, what really stole our hearts about this paint was how silky smooth it is. This paint is amazing! I can’t stop touching it!
Did I mention I love this paint?
- Silky & Smooth ~ It has the nicest, most silky smooth, matte finish ever! I can’t walk past a finished piece of furniture without gliding my hands across the finish. I know, sign me up for therapy. I twirl hair and I walk around touching furniture ~ what can I say?
It’s important to me that my painted pieces not only look good, they have to feel good. There’s a ton of painted furniture on the market today, but nothing throws me off more than a pretty piece that feels rough and chalky. The feel of my finished pieces is just as important as how they look.
- Super Easy to Use & Very versatile ~ Old Town Chalk Style Finish Paint was created to be used in a variety of ways on many surfaces. Dilute it with water to create a color wash or dye for fabric. Dilute it just a touch and you’ll achieve the smoothest finish ever or slather it on thick using sloppy, chunky, pouncing brush strokes to create texture.
- Customize ~ Mix any color Old Town Paint into their finishing products and create your custom tinted finishes to achieve the exact look you want.
- Durable ~ OTP Chalk Style Finish Paint absorbs their high grade finishing products easily for maximum protection and durability and the selection of finishes is incredible.
- Skip the Primer! One of the bonuses is its superior adhesion! There’s no need to prime or sand surfaces prior to painting because it adheres to most surfaces. There may, on occasion, be that one nightmare piece that defies this rule, but in general, you won’t need to take the extra steps. If in doubt, give it a scuff sand. It’s always better to lean on the side of caution but I’ve had no problems with this paint not adhering, it is awesome!
If you think their paint is awesome, wait until you see all Old Town Paints amazing finishes!
Prepare to be amazed!
Old Town Paints Gray Stain
- Made in the U.S.A. ~ yeah baby, that’s what I’m talking about! This paint comes from the great state of California which sets the bar for producing eco-friendly products.
- Eco Friendly
With weakened immune systems, it’s very important to Cathy and I that we offer the best products on the market, not only in the beauty and functionality of the paint, but also in how safe they are for both our customers and the environment.
Cathy and I spent the past six months researching over 35 of the newest paints on the market. We’ve learned a ton and it horrifies me to learn how many companys still use ammonia, anti-freeze, formaldehyde or toxic chemicals in their paints & finishes. The lack of regulation for what paint companys legally have to reveal is unacceptable ~ just sayin!
Old Town Paints doesn’t cut corners to save a buck. Based out of California, they already are held to some of the strictest of laws but they go way above and beyond by choosing only the purest of ingredients for all their products. The paint is better, the consistency is spot on and we, as painters, don’t have to worry about long-term health effects today or later down the road.
Old Town Paints Chalky Style Paint Finishes are:
- No VOC’s
- No Polymers
- Eco Friendly
- Solvent Free Paint
- No Acrylic
- No Latex
- No Fungicide
- Formaldehyde Free
- APEO Free
Our finishes just arrived the other day. There are so many different options to choose from, I’ll need to write a separate post them. Maybe I can do that next week while I sit downtown in Jury Duty.
Stop by our Shizzle Design in Jenison to see all our new paints & finishes in person or order them online here.
Save the Dates!
March 31 – April 2nd ~ Meet us in Texas, We’re headed to Round Top!
May 29 – 31 ~ Furniture Painting Weekend Retreat – Waukesha, WI
Stay tuned for times & all the fabulous details…
A hui hou ~ Shelly