20 Mar Frenchic Furniture Paint® is here!
After taking the U.K. and Europe by storm, Frenchic Furniture Paint® has spread its wings, and it is now available here in the U.S.!
It didn’t really show up on this luxurious cruise ship like this, but it certainly is a luxurious paint! We proudly jumped on board as soon as Frenchic started being made and distributed in the U.S.!
We’re always trying new eco-friendly products, but I haven’t been this excited about a new paint – like, ever!
Cathy received and experimented with Frenchic while I was in the hospital and raved about it the entire time I was off. I finally had the opportunity to try it when I returned to work this year and I was blown away with its qualities too.
So what makes Frenchic® better?
- Frenchic bonds tighter with surfaces
- Cures to a harder finish
- Wet distresses easier
- Covers better
- Blocks better
- Glides on easier
- The raw paint itself buffs to an absolute gleam even prior to sealing
- It is ZERO VOC, not just low ~ it’s ZERO VOC’s
- It has Zero toxins
- It is Solvent Free
- It is Acrylic Free
- It is Latex Free
- Will not peel or crack
- It is Certified toy safe
- There is no odor
- Frenchic has a fabulous line of paint and wax brushes
- Frenchic’s waxes are creamier and more easy to use. All three, including the White Wax and Rustic Wax (dark wax) is as easy to use as the Clear. I never thought I’d find a nicer wax until I tried these.
Did I mention how fabulous their brushes are?
Frenchic Bonds like nothing I’ve ever seen and cures to a harder finish! To see what I’m talking about, watch this video.
I have a hard time attaching videos to my blog posts. If you aren’t able to see the video, you can view it on our Shizzle Facebook page here.
The paint is lush and creamy and glides on like a dream!
Frenchic Furniture Paint® is an all natural, environmentally friendly chalk & mineral paint
We’ve experimented with lots of different paints and have narrowed down what we prefer to use. Frenchic® couldn’t be formulated any more perfectly to suit our Shizzle Style of painting.
Frenchic Furniture Paint® is ZERO VOC
The ZERO is a big deal. It’s proven to be a very important difference to my sister and I! Many paints are LOW VOC which is much safer than traditional paints of days-gone-by, but many still cause problems for people with allergies or sensitivities.
Cathy for instance, gets horrible migraines and eczema all over her hands whenever she’s exposed to paint with latex in it. She’s actually a pretty good test specimen because she doesn’t have to read the labels. Her brain automatically detects it and sends warnings through horrible headaches and eczema.
She doesn’t have this problem with Frenchic because it’s Latex Free and Acrylic Free. Frenchic® isn’t afraid to tell you what’s in their paint. In fact, the ingredients are proudly displayed on each and every can!
Frenchic Furniture Paint® will not peel or chip!
Being latex free and acrylic free also means Frenchic will not peel or chip like other paints. It goes farther and is incredibly easy to wet distress. You’ll be able to achieve a naturally worn look in no time.
Frenchic Furniture Paint® is Extremely Easy to Work with!
Frenchic Furniture Paint® is so incredibly easy to work with and is very forgiving if you change your mind on design along the way. I tend to design as I go “layer on color, wipe back, hmm maybe a little more of that, no wait, changed my mind, maybe a little more of this color here, wipe back, repeat ~ love!…” Ok, so maybe I’m the only one who does this but the point is ~ this paint is forgiving so changing your design as you go is no big deal. If you happen to take off a little more paint while distressing, no worries. Just stick your finger in some paint and fill it in. It’s that easy!
Save the Mess ~ Wet Distress!
You can sand if you want to but why make a mess when you don’t have to? I don’t know about you, but we don’t have one of those fancy, built-in dust combustion systems for our workshop. If we sand inside, we make a mess and everything from one end of the shop to the other ends up covered in a haze of dust. Yuck! Though we love working outside, our Michigan weather restricts us from doing it most of the year, so being able to wet distress is a huge must on our check list.
Get the Frenchic Effect!
Apply two different colors (or three or four or five ~ lol), one on top of the other, allowing paint to dry for at least 30 minutes between coats (time may vary based on climate). Cathy and I cut up old t-shirts, get them wet (like you do when you wash the kitchen table) then gently rub to allow the undercoat of paint to shabby through leaving a super cool distressed finish of the two colors.
Did I mention I love wet distressing? Even a beginner can acheive this beautiful look simply by wet distressing with a damp rag. No more dusty mess kicked up while distressing with sand paper. Save the money and the mess by trading in traditional sanding for wet distressing.
Creating Beautiful Finishes has Never been Easier!
I’ve spent hours in the past trying to create old world finishes like this but with Frenchic, layering colors is easier. I can’t explain why but everything just seems to magically meld together. Even a beginner can create a rich finish like this using Frenchic’s paints and finishes because they’re so easy to work with!
We’re taking votes HERE to see which colors our followers like, but we’re kind of leaning towards painting our armoire in Frenchic’s ~ Lady Gray and Posh Nelly sealing it with Rustic and White Waxes ~ stay tuned!!
I’m still battling pneumonia so that’s all I’ve got for you tonight but wait until you hear about their waxes! They are AWESOME!
We’re excited have this at Shizzle Design and are looking forward to sharing this phenomenon with customers and retailers nationwide!
If you’re interested in retailing Frenchic Furniture Paint®, we’d love to hear from you!
Submit your contact info here to learn more about this fantastic opportunity!
Can’t wait to see who joins the Frenchic Family!
Ready to try Frenchic? Stop by Shizzle or order online here
Try Frenchic at an upcoming Workshop – here!
It’s a GREAT time to save on other paints at Shizzle!
Faux Real Mineral Paint on Sale – here
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- It’s just the two of us: My sister and I own and operate Shizzle Design which originated in my garage. We have and will continue to work hard providing the best customer service.
- We specialize in painting furniture and are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable
- We are blessed to teach people from all over the U.S. Join us for a super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshop in a casual & fun atmosphere. For a list of current classes, click here.
- Subscribe to our weekly blog posts for tips, tutorials, ideas & painted furniture inspiration. Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- Like our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page We share what we’re working on EVERY single DAY so you’ll usually find out about new classes, new products, new furniture, sales… if you follow us there. After you like our FB Page, be sure to click the down arrow behind the work “Liked” to choose which notifications you’d like to receive. If you do not do this, you will miss 99% of our posts.
- Visit our Pinterest Page for our portfolio & more inspiration here.
- Our Painted Furniture is offered at: Shizzle Design Paint Studio 2018 Chicago Dr., Jenison, MI 49428 and Not So Shabby at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, MI 49424
- Shop Paint: Shop our large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies on our Online Shizzle Shop and at our West Michigan LOCATIONS.