29 Apr Mid Century Modern Dresser goes from Bright Green & Blue to Classic White
This dresser stuck out like a sore thumb at a local thrift store and I have to admit, I almost didn’t bother looking at it because it’s so not my style. At first glance, I thought it was something a dad had made for one of his little kids The combination of baby blue and bright green was enough to make me grab for my sunglasses.
I didn’t care for the extremely high gloss finish on it, but that’s just me. Retro just isn’t my style – AT ALL – but it had a great price on it, so I started checking it out. What I discovered is, it was very well made dresser. The entire piece is well built and definitely not homemade. The metal seal on the inside reads “Tri-Bond Furniture III”.
Long story short, it came home with me. We took a vote online for color choices and after all the votes came in, we decided on a classic white. Check out the difference a little paint makes…
Cathy mixed up her own custom white using paint leftover from other projects then sprayed everything to give it a clean, crisp new look. It was sealed with several coats of Old Town Paint’s Gloss Clear Coat and here she is!
Easy come, easy go… I just found out this piece has left the building.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- It’s just the two of us: My sister and I own and operate Shizzle Design which originated in my garage. We have and will continue to work hard providing the best customer service.
- We specialize in painting furniture and are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable
- We are blessed to teach people from all over the U.S. Join us for a super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshop in a casual & fun atmosphere. For a list of current classes, click here.
- Subscribe to our weekly blog posts for tips, tutorials, ideas & painted furniture inspiration. Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- Like our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page We share what we’re working on EVERY single DAY so you’ll usually find out about new classes, new products, new furniture, sales… if you follow us there. After you like our FB Page, be sure to click the down arrow behind the work “Liked” to choose which notifications you’d like to receive. If you do not do this, you will miss 99% of our posts.
- Visit our Pinterest Page for our portfolio & more inspiration here.
- Our Painted Furniture is offered at: Shizzle Design Paint Studio 2018 Chicago Dr., Jenison, MI 49428 and Not So Shabby at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, MI 49424
- Shop Paint: Shop our large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies on our Online Shizzle Shop and at our West Michigan LOCATIONS.