29 Jul Pickin’ The World’s Longest Yard Sale on Hwy 127
Two years ago my friends and I made a last second decision to do The World’s Longest Yard Sale. We had a blast and with the 2016 sale right around the corner, I’m so wishing I could go again this year.
The World’s Longest Yard Sale spans 690 miles from Michigan to Alabama and includes every sort of sale you can imagine along Hwy 127. Sales range in size from individual yard sales to ginormous flea markets with hundreds of vendors carrying everything your little heart could desire. To see all the cool treasures we found, read on…
I can’t think of many other things I’d rather do on a day off than peruse through a great flea market with good friends.
Laura & I indulging in Hawaiian Shave Ice at a Flea Market somewhere in Kentucky
Yes, those giant dice went home with Liz.
We didn’t have much of a game plan. It was so last minute and none of us had ever gone. We basically jumped in the car and drove. Laura’s husband Jeff booked our first night hotel for us in Kentucky and from that point on, we’d call him around noon and he’d call ahead and book another room guessing how far we might go. We were having so much fun, I don’t even think we would have cared if we had to sleep under the stars. It was just so cool to finally get a chunk of quality time together.
How Cool are these signs?
We stumbled upon every type of venue from large agricultural buildings to individual garage sales and everything in between.
There were so many cool vintage finds like these old gas pumps
My favorite places were large fields filled with fabulous vendors
The hard part was knowing the inside scoop on where the best vendors were. I’d love to do this sale again with that kind of knowledge!! The above place had super cool treasures and they finished filming an episode of Flea Market Flip minutes before we arrived! LOVE that show!
How cool are these light fixtures? I’ll take one of each pleeeeeease!
Aren’t these just the greatest? Everyone else can take the malls and shopping centers. I’ll choose a flea market every time! Everyone is so laid back and friendly and you just never know who you’re going to run into. In the middle of Kentucky I heard someone yell “Hey Shelly!”
Who’d a thunk I’d run into Stephanie DeGraaf in the middle of Kentucky? I knew she and her family were going, but I never expected to end up at the same place at the same time. I’d love to meet up with a bunch of you and do this again some time. Who’s going this year?
Most of the driving was easy but we did run into a few traffic jams.
Laura couldn’t resist all the unique bags!
One thing we had a hard time finding were great coffee houses. Any insights on those from you locals??
I should have been wearing a bib because those fields were bumpy! I’ve never claimed to be graceful, what can I say?
Is this just the coolest, most rusty, turquoise-y, funki-lunky-liciouslness? I LOVE the combo of the aqua against the rust. How about you?
We stumbled upon the neatest vintage signs!
Every kind of decor you can imagine
Sigh… It was so much fun. I don’t think I can escape for it this year but I’d sure like to plan another trip for 2017!!
For those of you who are going ~ Have a BLAST and I’d love to hear all about your favorite places!
A hui hou “Until we meet again” ~ Shelly Andrade of Shizzle
For more ideas, tips, video tutorials, pictures and inspiration on what we have created using chalk and clay paints, visit the Shizzle Design Portfolio.
The best way to stay current on what we’re doing now is to LIKE our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page. As a single mom, I just can’t find time to write weekly blog posts anymore.
There’s much more too. Follow us on our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page for daily updates, especially if you’re looking for furniture as a lot of it is flying out the door before we can photograph it and get it to Not So Shabby. It’s super important though, after liking our ShizzleLLC Facebook page, to click the down arrow and choose your notifications so you’ll actually see our new posts ~ otherwise, Facebook doesn’t send them to you. When I want to follow someone’s Facebook Page, I choose “See First” and then choose “
Did you know…
- It’s just the two of us: My sister and I own and operate Shizzle Design which originated in my garage. We have and will continue to work hard providing the best customer service.
- We specialize in painting furniture and are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable
- We are blessed to teach people from all over the U.S. Join us for a super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshop in a casual & fun atmosphere. For a list of current classes, click here.
- Subscribe to our weekly blog posts for tips, tutorials, ideas & painted furniture inspiration. Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- Like our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page We share what we’re working on EVERY single DAY so you’ll usually find out about new classes, new products, new furniture, sales… if you follow us there. After you like our FB Page, be sure to click the down arrow behind the work “Liked” to choose which notifications you’d like to receive. If you do not do this, you will miss 99% of our posts.
- Visit our Pinterest Page for our portfolio & more inspiration here.
- Our Painted Furniture is offered at: Shizzle Design Paint Studio 2018 Chicago Dr., Jenison, MI 49428 and Not So Shabby at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, MI 49424
- Shop Paint: Shop our large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies on our Online Shizzle Shop and at our West Michigan LOCATIONS.