25 Oct Learn How to Create Your Own Masterpiece our Paint Your Own Furniture Workshop ~ Shizzle Style!
If you’ve wanted to paint a piece of your furniture but are afraid to do it without a little guidance then this workshop is for you! Our workshops have sold out so fast we added one more which will be the last one for 2012 on Sunday, November 18th noon – 5:00 p.m. Space is limited to eight students and spaces fill up quickly.
In this five hour workshop, we’ll help you transform your own piece of furniture using chalk & clay Paints. This class focuses on individual instruction and guidance to help you create your masterpiece! It is geared towards someone who understands the basic concepts of painting but would like to learn some cool layering and / or texturing techniques for finishing their pieces. We’ll help you achieve that cool finish you’ve wanted to learn how to do.
This Workshop costs $125 and includes:
- 5 hours of hands on learning, instruction and assistance
- all the paint and wax needed to paint your piece of furniture (choose one or two colors prior to class)
- use of paint brushes, wax brushes and other supplies you’ll need to finish your project
- a hot lunch, snacks and drinks
- and a lot of fun, laughter and boosts in confidence
To register for this workshop, click here.
What am I allowed to bring to your workshop?
- You may bring in one small piece of furniture such as an end table, coffee table, chair, nightstand, headboard.
- You must be able to carry it in by yourself, meaning no dressers or medium/large pieces of furniture. We give you the supplies you need but you must be able to finish it in the five hour time period.
- Email us a picture or a description of what you’re bringing to make sure it meets requirements
- We like to jump right into painting, so make sure your piece of furniture is in good repair (we’re not here to glue veneer or fix drawers)
- Your piece should also be cleaned well with a good de-greaser
or how to layer colors, Shizzle Style
My sister Cathy and I tag team this workshop so each person gets one on one attention while we work through the different steps.
Wear your paint clothes and comfortable shoes!
Learn different ways to distress
Look through the photos on my website and let me know which type of finish you’re most interested in creating. It doesn’t have to be exact, just give me an idea; such as “I’d like to do a color wash, or I’d like to layer two different colors like the way you did the “blank” on this dresser…” so I can be well prepared to assist you in class.
This space, though not fancy, offers plenty of room to transform your furniture and is the easiest to set up for this type of workshop. I need to know what you’re bring so I can set up tables and or work benches for your project. If you have any questions, please ask here.
Two Color Layering Technique
I plan to focus on my paint layering and distressing techniques but we will assist each person with individual preferences.
Let me know which colors you’re interested in so we can have your supplies ready for you ahead of time. We can make last minute changes, but it’s important to have all the little details planned out ahead of time so we can focus our time painting and helping everyone during class.
If you need some color inspiration, check out some of my other painted pieces here.
The paint we carry…
- Have Superior Adhesion – which saves hours of time and money because it
- Eliminates the need for stripping, sanding and priming on most projects.
- Are ALL NATURAL
- Chalk and Clay based mineral paints
- Have NO VO
- Our paint free of Acrylic and Latex which makes is much easier to distress
- Our products are non-toxic – safer for you
- Better for the environment
Shizzle Design carries a large supply of chalk & clay Paints at our Jenison, MI headquarters as well as other West Michigan locations here. We also ship paint nation wide and internationally through our online Shizzle Shop here
Order sample pots of chalk & clay paint here
Keep up with Shizzle Design’s painted furniture:
- Subscribe to our Blog for the most detailed info
- Browse our available furniture here
- Shop Paint here
- Like our Facebook Page
- Pin away on Pinterest
A hui hou, Shelly