28 Sep Vintage Charmer China Cabinet
The hardest part was deciding on which color to paint it.
I didn’t like the red on this one, so I wiped it off, but should I do the Destin or the custom Green recipe that was left over from the CeCe Caldwell’s Sample Pot Display that I painted last week? Hmm, decisions, decisions…
The custom color was inspired by this hydrandga wreath
I left the top in it’s original chippy state, just giving it a really good cleaning and reconditioning to accentuate it’s character. I hate making something old look brand new, I like to transform things and give them new life, but it’s important to me to me that you don’t loose the charm in the remake.
We just dropped her off to our Shizzle Design booth at Not So Shabby in charming downtown Zeeland Michigan.
You can do so many cool things with CeCe Caldwell’s amazing all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints. I’m teaching a 5 hour Paint Your Own Furniture Workshop on Sunday, October 14th 2012 from noon to 5:00 p.m. Info on that here. Here’s some of my previous posts on why I choose CeCe Caldwell’s Paints.
- 36 CeCe Caldwell’s Paint Colors and Variations (constantly updatind) here
- Here’s why I choose CeCe Caldwell’s Paints
- Find out why Everyone is Crazy over CeCe Caldwell’s Wax here
- Learn how I layer my paint colors here
- Learn more about the story behind this AHmazing company here
- Order CeCe Caldwell’s Paints here