I love the lines of brass chandeliers but I have to admit, I’m not a fan of brass. I do however LOVE the look of Venetian Bronze and old world finishes. This was the very first chandelier I ever transformed.
The European paint finish we create on brass chandeliers look and feel better than Venetian bronze and has amazing texture and detail. Can you see it?
This particular candelier sold within minutes of putting it on the market so I had to make another one just for us.
Maybe it’s just me, but I think they’re so pretty!
The candelier can be used indoors or outdoors. This also looks great finished in a vintage white patina. Can you just imagine how beautiful these would look if you hung several of them under a large white tent for an outdoor garden wedding?
You don’t have to just stick to this particular color combination. Use your imagination and personality to create anything your heart desires from bright, whimsical colors to rich neutrals like the one we did on our latest garden wedding candelier.
We have a gal who helps us out once a week and this was her first piece she tried. The only thing I did was suggest the colors; she did the rest. She layered American Paint Company’s Dollar Bill, Rushmore and Home Plate brushing them one at a time in a sloppy splish splash manner.
Isn’t it amazing!!! Tanya ROCKS!!
This sold within minutes at the expo. Somebody had asked me if you could paint on metal and I turned around to show this to them and it was already gone!
Did you know…
- Shizzle Design is a small family-owned business in Jenison, Michigan. My sister Cathy and I work, paint, ship and teach our chalk and clay paint workshops out of the same space where we paint all our furniture. We are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints.
- Instead of hoarding our knowledge, we empower DIY’ers by sharing our years of experience. Stop in for paint and we’ll provide you with honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- We are so blessed to have taught people from all over the United States and Canada. Join us for one of our super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshops. Learn in our casual & relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints.
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page. We share all sorts tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page).
- Pin our posts on Pinterest ~ Find all sorts of inspiration here.
- We sell our painted furniture in our Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 and at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- Shizzle Design is an Authorized Retailer for American Paint Company Paints. We offer a large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies at our Shizzle Design Paint Shop /Studio, 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428. We also stock several other shops in the greater Grand Rapid’s area, to find out where, click LOCATIONS. Not from Michigan? No worries, we ship paint and paint supplies worldwide through our Online Shizzle Shop.