I am pleased to announce the arrival of 12 new limited edition colors from American Paint Company. Introducing the…
American Home Collection
American Paint Company prides themselves in making the healthiest paint available for the DIY furniture painter while staying on trend with the home decor market. With the addition of the new chalk & clay colors from American Home, American Paint Company is retiring 15 older colors. They are also moving eight of the pint size Ellis Collection colors to the main line which means those 8 colors will be available in quarts & samples and the pint sizes will be phased out. The other four have been retired and are on sale now here.
The New American Home Collection by American Paint Company
American Home’s Limited Edition Colors include 12 new trend colors are now avilable in pint size cans. Sample size pots will also be available some time in 2015. We have not received an official release date of those.
American Home Color Collection
Backyard Pond – (a medium blue green)
Chenille Bedspread – (a medium purple gray)
Country Barn – (rusty brown, much less red than it looks in this picture)
Front Lawn – (a classic Kelly green)
Lace Doily – (a warm tan)
Rose Garden – (a pinky red)
Powder Room – (a medium warm pink)
Shag Carpet – (pretty autumn orange)
Shingle on the Roof – a dark umber brown
Tarnished Platter – a medium gray blue
Topiary – a medium sage green (more green than it looks here)
Vintage Velvet – a mustard yellow
Pre-order new colors now HERE. Pay nothing until they arrive some time in November 2014.
When pre-ordering be sure to include: your name, shipping address, email address & phone number so I can set those colors aside for you then contact you when they arrive. You won’t be invoiced for pre-orders until we have them in stock (late October/early November). If you live in the greater Grand Rapid’s area, leave the same info then let me know you’ll be picking pick them up at our Jenison Studio.
The Existing Main Line Color Line will see many changes
APC’s NEW Main Color Line in Quarts & Samples will include:
Amber Waves of Grain
Born on the 4th
Cannonball – from Ellis
Crushed Tea – from Ellis
Leather Boots – from Ellis
Limoges (from Ellis)
Peacock – from Ellis
Purple Mountain Majesty
Sackcloth – from Ellis
Treasure Box – from Ellis
Voyage – from Ellis
In with the new, out with the old. The colors being retired are:
Cameo – from Ellis
Dawn’s Early Light
I’m going to be hoarding this color!!
ooooh ~ I need to grab some of this for my stash too! Love mixing with this orange!!
Parchment – from Ellis
Tea Cup – from Ellis
Waistcoat (I am so going to hoard some of this color before it’s gone)
Wild Horses ~ I will definitely miss this color!!
The Ellis Collection in pint size will be fully retired (it was a limited edition)
Eight of the colors have joined the main line
The other 4 are retired as listed above
We are fully stocked with all other American Paint Company products including the main line colors:
Chalk & Clay Paints
Clear, Dark & Light Wax
Clear Black and Brown Glaze
Metallic Mica Powders
Vintiquities Fine Quality Paint and Wax Brushes
Great Gift Sets & Paint Kits
We also have killer deals on most Retired Colors ~ While Supplies Last!
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- Shizzle Design is a small family owned business in Jenison, Michigan. My sister Cathy and I work, paint, ship and teach our chalk and clay paint workshops out of the same space where we paint all our furniture. We are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints.
- Cathy and I empower DIY’ers by sharing our years of experience. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable answers for all your chalk and clay paint needs.
- Did you know we are not paid employees of American Paint Company? It typically takes me 10 hours to publish one of my blog posts. Everything from shooting the photographs, writing the content, editing, cropping… is given freely. The only way we make money is if someone purchases paint, workshops or painted furniture from us. If you enjoy the information you get in our website, please share and let us know.
- We are so blessed to have taught people from all over the United States and Canada. Join us for one of our super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshops. Learn in our casual & relaxed environment. Click Paint Workshops to see a list of current classes offered.
- Subscribe to Shizzle Design for tips, tutorials, ideas, pictures, videos for our furniture painted in all natural chalk and clay based mineral paints.
- Did you know that you can get these sent directly to your inbox and that it’s FREE? It is ~ what are you waiting for? Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- We have a Shizzle Design Facebook Page. We share all sorts tips, ideas, photos EVERY DAY and offer special deals (which you’ll only know about if you’ve Liked our Facebook Page).
- Pin our posts on Pinterest ~ Find all sorts of inspiration here.
- We sell our painted furniture in our Shizzle Design Paint Studio at 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428 and at Not So Shabby Antiques and Fine Furniture at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan
- Shizzle Design is an Authorized Retailer for American Paint Company Paints. We offer a large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies at our Shizzle Design Paint Shop /Studio, 2018 Chicago Drive, Jenison, MI 49428. We also stock several other shops in the greater Grand Rapid’s area, to find out where, click LOCATIONS. Not from Michigan? No worries, we ship paint and paint supplies worldwide through our Online Shizzle Shop.
9 Replies to “New Paint Colors, Retired Colors & Complete Main Line ~ American Paint Company including ideas & Inspiration from Shizzle Design”
I absolutely love your website , and all your blogs! I’m in Florida, and paint as well & building a following! Someday holding to have my own studio! I really like the American chalk paint line and I recently used voyage & love the color. Is that remaining in line & how do I go about ordering pint from you? Thank you so much for all of your inspiration !!
Thank you!! Yes, we have a few pints left in the Voyage. You can order it on our Online Shizzle Shop http://www.shizzle-design.com/store
Hi Dyan, I think I already answered this question by email, but in case I didn’t ~ You can order more Voyage right here on our website. There is a button on the top that says “Online Shizzle Shop”. All paint, finishes, brushes, classes… can be ordered there. The link is http://www.shizzle-design.com/store.