11 Feb Special Request Gentleman’s Chest
Last week, a gal came into Not So Shabby to check out one of my dressers she’d seen online. Not only did she like it, she was already purchasing it as she called to see if I would paint a gentleman’s chest she had at home to coordinate with it.
I love stripping! I LOVE stripping! I LOVE STRIPPING!
(psyching myself up like the Little Engine that Could)
While the stripper worked, I cleaned and painted the base of the chest in a couple coats Annie Sloan’s Old White Chalk Paint.
The drawer pulls also got a good soaking in stripper.
Look at all this goopy goo – yuck!
But alas ~ Paydirt! Guide to Furniture Finishes comes to my rescue once again.
Look how awesome it worked!
Cool! I’m digging it, I’m doing the happy dance because now, the fun begins.
Please forgive the lame photography, I tried to roll it outside for a couple photos but it started snowing so hard, that 30 seconds later, I was rolling it back inside. It was too heavy to haul upstairs myself so I had to use what I could on this dreary winter day. Oh it makes me crazy when I run out of time to get great shots.
Anyway… here’s the finished dresser.
- Pinterest – click here to follow me on Pinterest
- Email – Click on the little blue envelop in this link to get updates by email
- Facebook – “Like” our Shizzle Facebook page to follow us on Facebook
- Linky Followers – Follow by a reader in Linky followers here
- Bookmark – a little bit o’ Shizzle
- Furniture for Sale – See here
- If you have furniture you’d like me to paint – contact by email or comment below
- West Michigan Shop Local – Most of my furniture is located in my Shizzle Design booth at Not So Shabby Antiques & Fine Furniture; 114 E. Main, Zeeland, MI click here for directions