At this point, I’m not sure what the future holds for me. They haven’t determined yet if the large bony lesion inside my humerus is malignant or not. My primary referred me to The Soft Tissue Mass & Sarcoma Multi-Specialty Team at Spectrum Hospital and that’s scary enough.
I’ve had several tests so far including X-rays of my shoulder, which is where I’ve experienced so much pain. Even though they were imaging my shoulder, part of my arm ended up on the picture. That’s how they discovered the lesion in the first place.
I’ve also had an MRI w/ contrast of my arm followed by a CT scan of my chest. Sarcoma is prone to going to the lungs. My lungs feel good right now. I’m very aware of my breathing as I’ve had lots of problems in the past, but they seem good now.
All results, including the CT of my chest done yesterday, should be in by the time we meet Wednesday morning (8/19/15).
The team of several oncology specialists, radiologists, a nurse advocate all work together to provide the best possible care. They’ll explain what they’re thinking and then a biopsy will most likely be ordered. From what I’ve read, it can be very difficult to tell if this type of tumor is cancer or not without actually getting a piece of it.
I am so very thankful for the outpouring of support and prayers coming in from so many of you the past several months.
It’s been a tough year. My marriage has been fallen apart and the girls and I are doing everything we can to heal from it. The process of divorce, along with all the emotional and additional expenses are taking a toll. Guess God thought we could endure a little bit more. Two major repairs on my truck and now this? Cancer ~ Seriously?
Please pray for our daughters! They’ve been through so much this year already!
Thanks again for all your love and support!!
The best place right now to follow daily updates on our furniture, paint products & my current health condition is on our Shizzle Design Facebook Page
A hui hou ~ Shelly
Did you know…
- It’s just the two of us: My sister and I own and operate Shizzle Design which originated in my garage. We have and will continue to work hard providing the best customer service.
- We specialize in painting furniture and are truly humbled to be known as a leader in the world of chalk and clay paints. Stop in for paint and we’ll offer you honest and knowledgeable
- We are blessed to teach people from all over the U.S. Join us for a super fun hands-on chalk and clay paint workshop in a casual & fun atmosphere. For a list of current classes, click here.
- Subscribe to our weekly blog posts for tips, tutorials, ideas & painted furniture inspiration. Enter your email in the right hand column of our blog to stay in the loop.
- Like our ShizzleLLC Facebook Page We share what we’re working on EVERY single DAY so you’ll usually find out about new classes, new products, new furniture, sales… if you follow us there. The more you comment, the higher your chance is of getting our daily posts.
- Visit our Pinterest Page for our portfolio & more inspiration here.
- Our Painted Furniture is offered at: Shizzle Design Paint Studio 2018 Chicago Dr., Jenison, MI 49428 AND Not So Shabby at 2975 West Shore Drive in Holland, Michigan.
- Shop Paint: Shop our large inventory of chalk and clay paint and supplies on our Online Shizzle Shop and at all three of our West Michigan LOCATIONS.